photo home-26.png photo about-30.png photo shop-9.png photo sponsor-4.png photo content.png


Monday, January 12, 2015

Leather Layer



Coat: Mango // Leather Jacket: Maje (similar here and here)// Jeans: JBrand //Bag: Vintage Chanel // Hat: Hattattack // Turtleneck: J.Crew // Boots: Zara (similar here)

Happy Monday! Now that I am in Washington D.C. I have learned a lot about what it means to be cold. For example, growing up in Florida a ballet flat was always an acceptable winter shoe. Well, when it is 20 degrees outside, any exposed skin, even on just a short walk to the Metro results in complete numbness. Needless to say I have had to adjust my winter wardrobe mindset. One of the things that I have found that keeps me extremely cozy is layering my leather jacket under a wool coat. I also have found that the insulation factor is taken up a notch when I wear my jacket completely zipped up over a turtleneck. And though I admit, I have succumbed to a heavy parka, I find layering is a much more stylish alternative to being covered in down from head-to-toe. I hope everyone is staying warm out there, and thank you as always for reading.



2 comments:

  1. Love this sleek look! It is amazing how warm leather keeps you. Also love the hat!

    Jessica
    www.fortheloveofbubbly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this look, it's cozy & chic! Hope you're staying warm today :)

    Jenna l Clothed in Confetti

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k